Welcome to Aptos Little League Registration
We encourage you to please READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE before registering!
2019 Spring Season Overview -
Registration for Aptos Little League 2019 Spring Season is OPEN! You have the option of registering online, or at the Registration Event on January 5, 2019. Online registration for T-Ball, Farm, A, and AA will close on March 1, 2019 at 5pm. Online registration for AAA and Majors will close on January 17, 2019. Registration after these dates will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Tryouts/Evaluations – January 19, 2019 at Aptos Junior High School (for players League age 8-12 who want to try out for AAA/Majors)Opening Day/Photo Day – March 16, 2019 at Aptos Junior High School
Registration Fees and Refund Policy
Per player in T-Ball or Farm: $150
Per player in A, AA, AAA and Majors: $175
Registration fees are due in full at time of registration.
There is a $25 "early bird" discount applied per player if you register by December 14, 2018. Each sibling (registered at the same time as the first player) will receive an additional $25 discount.
Refund Policy: If Aptos Little League (ALL) receives written notification from the registered parent or guardian that they wish to remove their child from the league for any reason, whatsoever, before February 1st of the current season, then ALL will refund 100% of your registration fees. If ALL receives this written request after February 1st but before Opening Day, then ALL will refund 50% of your registration fees. If ALL receives this request on or after Opening Day, there will be no refund of your registration fees. All withdrawals are subject to a $15 processing fee.
Although limited in number, scholarships are available for those families in need. To apply for a scholarship, please fill see the Scholarship Guidelines and Application.
Please follow these steps for a successful registration!
1. Verify that your child is eligible to play in Aptos Little League
Use the Little League's League Finder Tool to make sure you reside or attend a school within the Aptos LL boundary. Even if you have played in Aptos LL in the past, to continue, you will need a Residency Waiver Request. Please note, Twin Lakes and Bradley Elementary are not within Aptos LL boundary.
2. Know your child's League Age
Find out what League Age your child is for the 2018 Spring season by going to the Online Little League Age Calculator or Little League Age Chart for Baseball
3. Determine which Division, your child will play
Aptos Little League has six (6) divisions. Below are the general guidelines of Division categories per age group. For more information regarding Divisions click HERE.
|Tee Ball Only|
|7-year-old||A or AA|
|8-year-old||A, AA or AAA*|
- *8-year-olds are eligible to be drafted into AAA.
- To be considered draft eligible, 8-year-olds must tryout during the 9-year-old evaluation time slot. (times TBD).
- Participation in Evaluations is no guarantee of getting drafted into the AAA division.
- The number of eligible players in AAA depends on 9, 10, 11, and 12-year-old enrollment.
- *9-year-olds are not eligible for the Majors Division (per Aptos LL local rules).
- 9-year-olds are eligible to be drafted into AAA but must attend Evaluations.
|10-year-old||AA, AAA or Majors|
- *10-year-olds are eligible to be drafted to Majors. However, Aptos LL recommends that most 10-year-olds play in AAA.
- Majors is the first level where Managers are not required to give equal playing time to all players.
|11-year-old||AAA or Majors|
- *11-year-olds must play in Majors and AAA divisions.
- Parents who wish to have their child removed from consideration for Majors, should indicate that on their application and write “AAA only” when they submit their application.
- *12-year-olds must be placed in the Majors Division (per LL rules) unless there is a special waiver.
- If you have questions or would like to get a waiver, please contact the Player Agent.
* Please refer the League Age Chart
4. Have Your Documents and Forms Ready
New players will need a copy of their child's original birth certificate.
All new and returning players must submit either a School Enrollment Form or three (3) Proof of Residency documents per Little League rules and regulations.
The Little League School Enrollment Form must be completed by a School Administrator, Principal, or Vice Principal that lists the schools address as well as verification that the student has been enrolled and attending prior to October 1, 2018.
Proof of Residency
These documents must contain the full residence information which includes a parent(s) or legal guardian(s) name, street address, city, state, and zip code information, dated, or in force, between February 1, 2018 and February 1, 2019. One document from EACH of the three groups outlined below must be submitted to be eligible to play in the Spring season.
|GROUP ONE||GROUP TWO||GROUP THREE|
|1. Driver's License|
2. School Records
3. Vehicle Records (i.e. registration, lease)
4. Employment Records
5. Insurance Documents
|1. Welfare/child care records|
2. Federal records(ie. Federal Tax, Social Security)
3. State records
4. Local (municpal) records
5. Support payment records
6. Homeowner or tenant records
7 Military records
|1. Voter's Registration|
2. Utility bills (i.e. gas, electric, water, sewer, phone, mobile phone, heating, waste disposal)
3. Financial records (i.e. loan, credit investments, etc.)
4. Medical records
5. Internet, cable or satellite records
* Note, three documents from the same Group (utility bill, cable bill, and bank statement) constitute only ONE document.
The following forms will also need to be submitted before registration is considered complete:
• Medical Release
• Parent Code of Conduct
• Concussion Information Sheet
Remember your registration will not be complete until you have submitted Proof of Residency documents or School Enrollment Form, and the following required forms: Medical Release, Parent Code of Conduct, and Concussion Information Sheet. You can upload the documents during the online registration process, email them to email@example.com, or bring them to the in person Registration Event. If you choose to email them, please make certain to include your Registration Order # and Player's Full Registration Name.
We will have one Registration Event for the Spring 2019 Season. It will take place in the banquet room at the Rio Sands Hotel on Saturday, January 5, 2019 from 1pm - 4pm. Rio Sands Hotel is located at 116 Aptos Beach Drive. We will be there to help get you registered online. Please make sure to bring paper copies of the required documents: Birth Certificate (new players only), Proof of Residency or School Enrollment Form, Medical Release, Parent Code of Conduct, Concussion Information Sheet.
If you cannot provide digital documents to complete online registration, bring them to the registration event and we can help get you registered.
Aptos Little League is an all-volunteer organization. We depend on parent support and participation to make our league successful. During online player registration, you will have the opportunity to sign up as a volunteer. Each family will be expected to volunteer in some way, whether it be in a team support or league support capacity.
Volunteer positions include:
- Team Parent
- Team Scorekeeper
- Snack Shack
- Field Prep
- Board Member
We also frequently need help with managing one-day events and activities (i.e. helping setup/cleaning up for Opening day, helping with player evaluations and clinics, registration and fundraising events).
Volunteers will need to complete the online volunteer form, so a background check can be completed.