Tryouts/Evaluations will take place on Saturday, January 19, 2019.
(Evaluations will happen rain or shine)
Location: Majors Field at Aptos Junior High School
• All players wanting to play on a AAA/Majors team must attend Evaluations/Tryouts.
• Players should be dressed in baseball attire (no All Star gear) and bring their equipment bag.
• Players must use a USA certified bat for Evaluations/Tryout. There will be bats available to use.
• Please have your player arrive 30 minutes early to check in and warm up before the evaluations begin.
• The sessions will vary in duration based on the number of players that show up during each session.
Little League Age 12 year-olds: Time TBD, stay tuned!
Little League Age 11 year-olds: Time TBD, stay tuned!
Little League Age 10 year-olds: Time TBD, stay tuned!
Little League Age 9 year-olds: Time TBD, stay tuned!
Little League Age 8 year-olds: Time TBD, stay tuned!
Makeup Evaluation Day: Wednesday, January 23rd at 4pm
What happens at Tryouts?
Aptos Little Leagues uses a player tryout process to determine eligibility and skill level. When the player arrives at the tryouts they will be directed to the registration table. Only players who are paid registrants will be allowed to participate in the tryouts. The players will all be given an identification number to attach to the back of their shirt, and players may warm up while they wait to be called in groups of 10 to be evaluated.
Gloves and hats put in bucket at 2nd base
Player swings at 5 pitches off of pitching machine
Player runs 5th hit out to 2nd base and takes glove and hat to SS
Player takes 3 ground balls from SS throws to 1B
Player goes to outfield and takes 3 fly balls throws to 2B
Player shags fly balls for the next two hitters and is done
Players are evaluated by the managers from their respective division. Each manager has his own style and preference, but they are all evaluating skill, results, and effort. After the tryouts have been completed the managers will apply their own ‘science’ to ranking the players and develop a list of players they would like to draft for their teams. Every player who attends tryouts will be eligible to be drafted, but attendance is not a guarantee. If your child is drafted, you will be receiving an email or a phone call from a team manager once the teams have been finalized.